Murali is a great malayalam actor, who passed away on August 6th, 2009. He was admitted to a private hospital in Trivandrum on Tuesday night following a chest pain. He was 55 and has a daughter.
Murali's first film was 'Njatadi' directed by Gopi, but the film was never released. Then he acted in Chidambaram directed by Aravindan. His first notable film was Panjagni, directed by Hariharan. In this he played a villain character. Then, from here on he was the notable villain in the malayalam film industry.
His most notable films are, Amaram, Nee ethra Dhanya, Adharam, Dhanam, Venkalam etc. He acted in the lead role in Adharam. This film was a huge hit. But, Murali, couldn't repeat the same success in his other films, in which he was the lead. He was a success in supporting roles. He also acted in many Tamil and Telugu films.
He got many awards:
- National Award For the best actor: Neythukaran (2001)
- Kerala state award for best actor: Adharam (1992), Kanakinavu (1996), Thalolam (1998), and Neythukaran (2001).
- Kerala State Award for best supporting actor: Amaram (1989), Veeralipattu & Pranayakaalam (2007)
- FilmFare award
- Madras Film fans Award
- Kerala Film Critics Award
- Shivaram award
- Best columnist award: For his feature "Vyazhaporul" in Malayala Manorama newspaper